The New Science of Pain, the pain sensory (nociceptive) system is
not just a system for the conduction of pain impulses from the
periphery to the brain.
We now know that plastic changes can take place in the
periphery, the spinal cord and also in higher brain centers following
injury, inflammation and other events. These changes
may increase the magnitude of the perceived pain and
may contribute to the development of chronic pain syndromes and
increased pain sensitivity.
Our past and present paradigms concerning the treatment
and management of chronic pain has been relatively ineffective. This is
why “The New Science of Pain Relief” is needed. This program will provide
you with the education, encouragement and guidance to overcome your
pain and be healthy. The procedures in this book will change your life
if you take the time and effort to read it, understand it and use it.
In each chapter are also recommendations to further your knowledge
concerning specific topics. This program is the beginning step in your
life’s journey for happiness, prosperity and wellness.
recovery is a process, not a quick fix. This is a systematic program to
get you out of pain and keep you out of pain. Understand now; there are
no magic pills, potions, surgeries, exercises or TV gadgets that will
“cure” your pain. There are no short cuts, but the long way is not that
difficult either. This program is for people who want to get results.
chronic pain patients also have other health issues such as diabetes,
obesity, cardiovascular disease, respiratory disease, addictions,
asthma, mental heath issues, chronic fatigue, arthritis, depression,
and many other systemic diseases. Therefore, we must focus on the whole
body health not just pain relief. I encourage you not to focus on
disease and sickness but direct your efforts to health and wellness.
Please read the following statements and spends approximately 1-2 minutes thinking about the meaning of each statement.
1. The greatest discovery of my generation is that human beings can alter their lives by altering their attributes of mind. William James
2. The brain remains a dynamic structure that alters from year-to-year, day-to-day, even moment-to-moment over our lifespan. Richard Restak, MD.
3. Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein
4. Health is the result of thinking AND acting in a certain way. Wallace D Wattles
5. The way you think, the way you behave, the way you eat, can influence your life by 30 to 50 years. Deepak Chopra 6. The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it. Chinese proverb
7. We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit. Aristotle 8. The mind is the most powerful tool we have today and ever will have in medicine. The only problem is that we lost the instruction book. Until Now!